Compassionate Care for Your Child
If your child should become sick or injured, the BSA Pediatric Unit provides the highest quality of care for children of all ages. From pediatric medicine to expert care in specialties such as cancer, neurologic disorders and traumatic injury, BSA delivers individualized care focused on the patient. Our team of pediatric intensivists, nurses, respiratory therapists and medical social workers work collaboratively to ensure each child gets the very best care available.
The BSA Pediatric Unit Includes:
- Highly-trained Registered Nurses specializing in pediatrics.
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
- Hematology and oncology services.
- A Child-Life Specialist to provide a variety of services and support to patients and their families.
- State-of-the-art technology, including telemedicine access to Cook Children's Hospital, that allows for input from specialists at Cook Children's without families being burdened with the cost and stress of being transported far from home.
- A pediatric playroom filled with toys, games and crafts for children of all ages.