What services does BSA offer to patients with special needs?
BSA offers a variety of services to ensure patients and their families receive the highest quality of care, communication and accessibility. Services and auxiliary aids available to patients with special needs and their families are:
- Language Translation Services
- Sign Language Interpretation
- Closed Captioning on Televisions
- Telephones with Amplified Volume
- TDD Devices (allows a patient to type information through a phone)
- Wheelchair Accessibility
- Nurse Call Buttons Designed for Quadriplegic and Ventilator Patients
- Handicap Parking
- Handicap Accessible Bathrooms
- Assistive Listening Devices
- Braille Elevator and Room Number Signs
For equipment or interpreter services, dial “0” for the operator from within the hospital or 806-212-2000 if you are outside of the hospital.