Non-Urgent Medical Transport
The BSA MED+VAN is an on-demand, door-to-door service for both ambulatory and mobility-disabled people who need transportation:
- Home, after being discharged from the hospital, rehab or a skilled nursing facility
- To a doctor, dentist, or optometrist appointment
- To a clinic, dialysis center or urgent care center
- To a pharmacy
Call the Dispatch Center at (806) 655-6948 to arrange transport 7 days a week from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Scheduled transports are appointments arranged at least 24 hours in advance.
- Unscheduled transports are appointments that are not scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
Scheduled transports are given priority over unscheduled transports. For unscheduled services, we will work to get you transported as soon as possible.
For safety reasons, riders who will be using our wheelchair must:
- Be able to stand and pivot with minimal help
- Be able to sit unassisted in our wheelchair
- Be able to sit in a 33”-wide wheelchair
- Weigh 550 lbs. or less
- Have a wheelchair-accessible destination
If a rider has their own wheelchair, it must be no more than 33” wide and 46” deep. Most powered wheelchairs meet these requirements.