Blessings from the Heart is a committee at BSA that helps employees in need. When an employee experiences a difficult financial situation, he or she can call a Blessings from the Heart committee member to apply for help.
Chair: Nicole Bounsing – 212-5404
Co-Chair: Amy Rambo – 212-2989
Member: Eddie Caire – 212-5571
Member: Valerie Larra – 212-6117
Member: Mary Margaret Girty – 212-2404
QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES FOR DISBURSEMENTS
- The applicant must be an employee of BSA Health System.
- All information submitted and any information on disbursement of funds will be regarded as strictly confidential.
- The situation for which assistance is being requested must be precipitated by a hardship event. Result of poor personal budgeting will not be considered.
- The reported situation will be subject to verification via the employees' immediate supervisor, with the understanding that the contact will be kept in strictest confidence.
- The Team Member (or Chair/Co-Chair) receiving the request will verify that the employee has not made a similar request within the past 6 months. The Chair and Co-Chair will maintain the "master list" and make information available to the Team member as needed.
- All information given to the committee by the employee will be subject to verification by the Team Member (or Chair/Co-Chair) and the committee reserves the right to request additional information from the employee. Any confirmed deception in representing information to the committee will result in denial of assistance and future assistance.
- Employees will be eligible to receive only one disbursement. Exceptions to this are the following:
(a) The death of an immediate family member (spouse, parent, child, sibling).
(b) Catastrophic event (i.e.: fire, flood, life-threatening injury/illness of the employee of an immediate family member).
- All requests for assistance will be processed within 3 working days (72 hours).
- Maximum amount available for disbursement is $400.00. Requests for food will be limited to a $150.00 Wal-Mart gift card.
- Checks will be issued to third parties only (i.e.: Excel, Wal-Mart, etc.). Exceptions to this can be approved by the committee in cases of family death and/or life threatening illness/injury where funds are needed for immediate travel or burial cost.