Blessings from the Heart is a committee at BSA that helps employees in need. When an employee experiences a difficult financial situation, they can call a Blessings from the Heart committee member to apply for help.
Chair: Nicole Bounsing – 212-5404
Co-Chair: Amy Rambo – 212-2989
Member: Eddie Caire – 212-5571
Member: Valerie Larra – 212-6117
Member: Mary Margaret Girty – 212-4270
Prequalification Guidelines for Disbursements
- The applicant must be an employee of BSA Health System, employed for 90 days with no final disciplinary action.
- All information submitted and any information on the disbursement of funds will be regarded as strictly confidential.
- The situation for which assistance is being requested must be precipitated by extenuating circumstances. The result of poor personal budgeting will not be considered.
- Any confirmed deception in representing information to the committee will result in automatic denial of assistance and any future requests.
- Employees will be eligible to receive only one disbursement every 180 days. Exceptions include:
(a) The death of an immediate family member (spouse, parent, child, sibling).
(b) Catastrophic event (i.e., fire, flood, life-threatening injury/illness of the employee of an immediate family member).
- All requests for assistance will be processed within 3 business days (72 hours).
- The request for assistance has a limit of $400.00 for utilities, $200.00 for food, $800.00 for housing and a total max of $1200.00 within a rolling calendar year.
- Checks will be issued to third parties only (e.g., Xcel, Atmos, Mortage Company). No exceptions to this rule.